Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dessert Recipe! No Bake Rocky Road Cookies

I was in the mood for something sweet today but didn't want to heat up the house by running the oven. No bake cookies = the perfect solution!

I pulled this recipe off of cooks.com. I love going there for quick recipes, but if you are wanting a good, no mistakes recipe I would go to allrecipes.com which allows users to review the recipes. The reviews are incredibly helpful and offer awesome suggestions to improve the recipe.

Anyway here is the original recipe for the cookies:

NO - BAKE ROCKY ROAD COOKIES
Ingredients-
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 c. (1 stick) butter
1/2 c. evaporated milk
1 c. marshmallows
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
3 c. quick cooking oats
1/2 c. chopped nuts <-- I left these out, I'm not a huge fan of nuts so we never have them in the house

Directions-
In saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, butter and evaporated milk. Bring mixture to boil; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in marshmallows and vanilla. Add oats and nuts. Stir until combined. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper lined baking sheets. Let cookies cool. Store in covered container in refrigerator.
 
The Review:

I actually thought these were a little sweet. Which is a shocker because I am all about sweets! I think they would have been perfect if I had done 1 1/3 cup sugar and added like a 1/4 cup of peanut butter. Either way though, they did satisfy my chocolate cookie craving and took a total of about 15 minutes. Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment