Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Woman's Day Monthly Menus Month!

I know, shame on me, I didn't post a recipe today.  Well, in case you care the little one is teething and maybe cranky just from us traveling so much, and has been screaming ALL. DAY. LONG.  In addition, Husband didn't get home from work until 8pm and I had to go grocery shopping, and we still had leftover pork so I figured he could make something with that when he got home.  On top of this, Little One pulled down my favorite floor lamp and it of course shattered all over the floor.  I'm totally bummed about it, so let's just move on to better things... I am very excited for tomorrow!  Why? Because tomorrow is September 1st and the start of Woman's Day Month!

In between my child screaming and changing diapers I was able to organize the monthly menu for September and make a shopping list.  Turns out the local grocery store had some really great deals (thank you, Labor Day) and I was very excited that I got some great sirloin steaks (7 total) for right around $10.00 and a bunch of other things for a fairly good price.

So I did rearrange the original Woman's Day September meal plan to suit my own needs (switched slow cooker recipes to the day I work, took out foods we don't like, are allergic to, etc.,) but I think it is a solid meal plan and will work out well for our family.  Here is a peek at September's recipe plan- note there aren't really any weekend recipes because I don't post on weekends:

(click to enlarge)
I went ahead and bought the groceries I would need for the next 2 weeks and all of the meat for the entire month since it was really greatly priced and should keep just fine.  The total I spent was right around $50.00 which I don't think is bad at all.  The Husband was fairly impressed but he has a tendency to overspend at the grocery store... I won't get into that.  Anyway, I adapted the grocery list to my needs since I rearranged the monthly meal plan but here is Woman's Day down loadable grocery list if you're interested click here.  I plan on posting at the end of the month how much I spent total and if I think the meal planning helped save money.

So far, I am really liking this planning in advance thing.  The fact that I went grocery shopping means I don't need to search for recipes based on the ingredients that I have, and I am also sticking to a budget.  So that means, so far, so good, now I just need to make sure I don't botch the recipes!

See you all tomorrow for our first September recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment