Monday, September 6, 2010

Roasted Sausages, Peppers and Potatoes (Woman's Day Month of Menus)

I know, I am posting this a day late, I'm sorry.  But I am back-dating the post to make it look like I posted it on time ;)
I did in fact cook it yesterday, so that has to count for something, right?

Roasted Sausages, Peppers and Potatoes Recipe

Recipe Ingredients

    • 1 lb Italian sausages
    • 2 bell peppers, cut in 1-in. strips
    • 1 bag (20 oz) red potato wedges
    • 1 Tbsp olive oil
    • 1 tsp chopped garlic (used minced garlic)
    • 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
    • 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives
    • yuck! We don't like olives so I left these out
    • Garnish: chopped parsley

Recipe Preparation

1. Position racks to divide oven into thirds. Heat oven to 500ºF. You’ll need 2 large rimmed baking sheets lined with foil (for easy cleanup).2. Divide sausages, peppers and potatoes between pans; toss with oil, garlic, salt and pepper.3. Roast 10 minutes. Toss; switch position of pans. Roast 10 more minutes until sausages are cooked.4. Cut sausages into slices; toss with potatoes, peppers and olives. Sprinkle with parsley.

My Experience:
The Process-
Pretty simple preparation, even for a noob like me, but I checked more than once to make sure it did in fact say, 500 degrees for the oven setting. I don't think I have ever turned my oven past 400... maybe 475...
The only thing is that the recipe didn't say whether I should put water in the pan or not while cooking it.  I didn't at first but checking on it, it looked really dry so I added some in halfway through.  I'm glad I did!  I would suggest that for anyone making this recipe because the olive oil just isn't enough.

The Result-
So my mom used to make a recipe very similar to this and it is so, sooo, SOOOO good! I was afraid that this wouldn't even hold a candle to her recipe, but it actually turned out very, very good.
We both really enjoyed this meal a lot.  I don't honestly think there is anything I would do  differently if I ever make it again.  Five stars!  Even though it wasn't quite as good as my mom's.

No comments:

Post a Comment