Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Chocolate Lover's Brownies *Bonus Baker's Recipe*

*WARNING* This recipe is very... vague... in terms of measurements.  So if you're not comfortable with baking you may want to try a recipe from here which has great brownie mix alteration ideas.

So I decided to experiment with some brownie tweaking this evening and what I came up with was sooo good!  It was actually enough to satisfy my chocolate and sweets craving.

See, I love brownies.  And all things chocolate and sugary.  I would pick pie over dinner any day (which is probably why I'm so good at baking and so terrible with cooking).  So, tonight I took a simple brownie mix and jazzed it up.  Here's what I came up with:

What you'll need:

Brownie batter- mixed but not baked yet
Peanut butter
Chocolate syrup

Marshmallows
Cocoa 2-3 Tblsp.
Milk 1/3 c.
about 1/4 c. butter

Directions:

Add a few spoonfuls of peanut butter into your prepared batter.  I go easy on it because I'm not a huge peanut butter fan, so I used like 1 spoonful.  You also don't want to add too much because it will make the brownies too thick.  Take a taste of the batter and see how it is, I added a little bit of chocolate syrup just because i was craving it and like fudgy brownies.  Put batter into oven (follow baking instructions for your original brownie recipe).

While the brownies are baking, melt the butter in a saucepan add milk and then add marshmallows until the mixture is fairly thick.  When the mixture is at about the perfect consistency add in the cocoa to give it a light brown coloring.  When the brownies have about 10 minutes left of baking, carefully spread the mixture over the brownies. 

When the brownies are done, you may want to immediately sprinkle over some marshmallows and/or chocolate shavings.  Leave them in the fridge for a little while to  cool and allow the topping to cool off a bit, and then enjoy!

The Verdict:

Deeeeelicious!! Chocolate, gooey, perfect hint of peanut buttery, joy in my mouth.  Would probably also taste really good with ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment